The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) is offering a number of ICGEB Postdoctoral Fellowship Programs for applicants from ICGEB Member State. This program provides financial support for 1 – six months that covers all of the relevant expenses.
ICGEB offers ICGEB Postdoctoral Fellowship for Postdoctoral studies in ICGEB Component laboratories to fund ongoing collaborative research between scientists from ICGEB Member States and research groups at ICGEB laboratories in Trieste, Italy, New Delhi, India and Cape Town, South Africa, with the aim of facilitating access to the latest research techniques and to strengthen capacity building.
The winning fellows of the ICGEB Postdoctoral Fellowship will receive the benefits as follow:
- Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 2,000, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,590, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 18,750.
- Travel: the fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the participant’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
- Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
- ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the programme.
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in the field that related life science.
Place of Study
The study will be taken at institutions at ICGEB member countries.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State and may not apply for fellowships to be undertaken in their country of origin, unless working abroad at the time of application.
- Degree requirements: applicants should hold a recent PhD in Life Sciences or have at least 3 years research experience.
- Candidates must have a good working knowledge of the English language, supported by a proficiency certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate, or equivalent). Not required when scholastic education has been undertaken in English.
Only the citizens of ICGEB Member States are welcome to apply.
Applicants should contact the ICGEB Group Leader/PI of their choice with a motivation letter, to determine availability of laboratory space and to define the research project proposal that will form an integral part of the application. Applications should be submitted online via the website link below.
31 December 2018, 31 March 2019, 30 September 2019.