International Foundation for Science (IFS) is currently invites any potential researchers from developing countries to apply the IFS Individual Research Grants. Please note, the candidates must be under 35 years old for women and 40 years old for men applicants. The successful candidates will be awarded up to USD 12,000 for maximum three years. Expires in 16 days!
The research grant is available for call early-career scientists in IFS eligible developing countries to apply for IFS Individual Research Grants and carry out research projects for a period of up to 3 years. The ideal candidates must fulfil all of the requirements below including the age condition. Young researchers wishing to start or consolidate their independent research careers and who fulfill the IFS eligibility criteria are welcome to apply.
These awards are awarded on merit in amounts up to USD 12,000 for one to three years.
Level and Area of Studies
Research program on one of the following areas:
- Biological Resources in Terrestrial Systems: Including but not limited to: Biodiversity, Forestry, Natural Products, Renewable Energy and Climate Change.
- Water and Aquatic Resources: Including but not limited to: Water Resources Research; Research on all aspects of freshwater, brackish and marine aquatic organisms and their environments.
- Food Security, Dietary Diversity and Healthy Livelihoods: Including but not limited to: Research on Food Production; Animal Production and Veterinary Medicine; Crop Science including Underutilised Crops; Food Science and Nutrition, and Food Security issues.
Place of Study
At eligible IFS countries
Eligibility and Criteria
Please ensure that you are a qualified person for this research award based on the following criteria;
- Must be citizens of eligible countries and carry out their research in an eligible country (this does not have to be the country of citizenship)
Must have a minimum of an MSc, MA or equivalent academic degree
- Must be (for men) younger than 35 years of age, and (for women) 40 years of age
- Researchers, who are already IFS grantees, are eligible to apply for a renewal grant irrespective of age.
This award is specially offered to them coming from developing countries.