International Institute for Asian Studies (IIAS) is delighted to offer a master’s thesis prize written at a Dutch University. This award is open to the Netherlands students who are writing thesis focused on Asian Studies. The successful applicants may expect to receive 1,500 per month which is tenable for three months. To apply, the completed application form must be submitted no later than 1 October 2015.
The International Institute for Asian Studies offers an annual award for the best master’s thesis in the broad field of Asian studies, written at a Dutch University. The award will be given for three months duration.
The winners of this award may expect to receive the following benefits:
–The honorary title of ‘Best Master’s Thesis’ in Asian studies
–A maximum three month stipend (€ 1,500 per month) to work at IIAS, in order to write a PhD project proposal or a research article.
Level and Area of Studies
Master’s thesis in the field of Asian studies, in the humanities or social sciences.
Place of Study
The award available for studies taken in the Netherlands.
Eligibility and Criteria
The candidates are expected to meet the criteria as follow:
– The master’s thesis should be in the broad field of Asian studies, in the humanities or social sciences
– The thesis must have been written at a Dutch university
– Only master’s theses which have been graded with an 8 or higher are eligible
– The thesis must have been evaluated in the period 1 October 2014 – 30 September 2015
– Both students and their supervisors can apply.
The Netherlands’ students can apply this award.
To apply, the eligible candidates must submit the hard copies of the master’s thesis and a cover letter including the grade awarded and your contact details via post.
1 October 2015