The Inspiring Minds Equity Scholarship is intended to undergraduate course at ECU. Only Australian citizen, or a permanent humanitarian or resident visa holder, or a New Zealand citizen are welcome to apply.To apply, entries must be submitted by 1 September every year.
ECU is committed to attracting and supporting the best students, regardless of their socio-economic status. In order that financial position provides no barrier to those who want to study we want to offer more scholarships to allow students the opportunity to study. They include students from low socio-economic backgrounds, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander’s, people with a disability or ongoing illness, people with significant caring responsibilities and those from rural or regional areas of Australia who can demonstrate academic achievement in their current ECU course.
The scholarship offers payments of $1,500 per semester for a maximum of 2 semesters and $3,000.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate degree in any field.
Place of Study
At Edith Cowan University in Australia.
Eligibility and Criteria
- be an Australian citizen, or a permanent humanitarian or resident visa holder, or a New Zealand citizen;
- be enrolled in an Undergraduate course at ECU;
- be enrolled in a minimum of 60 credit points and intending to remain enrolled in 60 credit points the following semester;
- have completed a minimum of 60 credit points of their current course with consistent pass grades;
- have an academic status of good standing;
- be able to provide evidence of financial hardship or low socio-economic status (usually demonstrated by student being in receipt of a means-tested Centrelink payment);
- not be in receipt of any major scholarships or an ECU Equity Scholarship; and
- not have been a previous recipient of this scholarship.
Only the citizens of Australia and New Zealand may apply this scholarship.
Application is made via the ECU Online Scholarship Application Portal. Access to the portal is available between application opening and closing dates.
1 September every year.