The Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage (INTACH) is delighted to offer a number scholarships for U.K. citizens and research grants for Indian scholars. Each of the scholarships’ winners will receive benefit of INR 500,000, and the grant recipients will receive maximum INR 300,000. To apply, the application packet must be submitted no later than 30 November 2015.
INTACH Scholarships: In accordance with the INTACH Memorandum of Association and in the honour of Charles Wallace, INTACH offers scholarships to the UK citizens to enable them to travel to India and to follow in India any course of study, research which will be beneficial to either or both countries. Most grants are awarded to professionals in the early stages of their career, or to students. Senior travel grants are also available. The grant or part thereof could also be offered to any charitable educational institution in India facilitating the above education study visits.
INTACH Research Grants: INTACH offers grants to support advanced research in the field of heritage conservation in India. The grants will be offered to individuals who wish to undertake advanced and inter-disciplinary research that demonstrates potential impact on conservation philosophy, practice or policy; aims to advance knowledge and understanding of heritage conservation; or contribute to a critical and creative thinking in this field.
The winners of the scholarship will receive up to INR 500,000 and the winners of the research grant will receive up to INR 300,000.
Level and Area of Studies
Scholarships support conservation work, postgraduate study or research in India. Grants are awarded in the field of heritage conservation and can be for specific disciplines in the Humanities (with a preference for archaeology, ancient Indian art, architecture, conservation studies, cultural geography, cultural history, numismatics, museum studies, intangible cultural heritage and scientific applications to the humanities).
Place of Study
The program can be taken in India.
Eligibility and Criteria
- INTACH Scholarships: Most grants are awarded to professionals in the early stages of their career, or to students. Grants are to support conservation work, study or research in India. Only persons of the UK nationality and domiciled and normally resident in the UK are eligible.
- Research Grants: Grants are to support high-quality, strategic and applied research in India. Only persons of Indian nationality and domiciled and normally resident in India are eligible.
Only U.K. and Indian citizens are invited to apply.
Please download and complete the application form at the application link below. Please enclose the materials as follow:
- Sample of previous research/ project work
- A set of press clippings (photographs, if applicable)
- Two references from people who are familiar with your work (in original)
- Proof of educational qualifications (photocopies)
- A curriculum vitae
30 November 2015.