The Bielefeld Graduate School of History and Sociology is delighted to invite applications for a number of Visiting Fellowship Program. This program is purposed to promote international scientific and cultural exchange. Scholars from around the world are welcome to apply. They will spend up to four month in Germany and will receive EUR 1,200 stipend per month. The closing date of application is 15 January every year.
Fellows receive a computer work station for the duration of their stipend. The grant consists of a EUR 1,200 stipend per month. This amount will be supplemented by a child allowance if applicable. Upon application, travel costs can also be covered by the Graduate School.
Level and Area of Studies
Visiting program in any field.
Place of Study
The program will be taken in Germany.
Eligibility and Criteria
- All international doctoral researchers may apply who are matriculated in a doctoral programme abroad and whose dissertation has a historical, sociological, social-anthropological or political science focus. German nationals may also apply if their tertiary education has been at foreign universities. The visiting fellowships further networking with scientists at the BGHS, therefore no prolonged archival or research trips should take place within this period.
- The candidates present their project to the BGHS community at the beginning of their stay and submit a final report by the end of their funding period.
- To ensure that applicant’s project fits with the BGHS profile, they should take a close look at the areas of research covered by the graduate school. Project should be relatable to those areas.
There is no nationality restriction.
To apply, please submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (1,000 words max.)
- Covering letter (600 words max.)
- Description of your dissertation project(2,000 words max.)
- Work schedule and timeframe for your stay at the BGHS
- Letter of recommendation from your supervisor/advisor at your university (If preferred, your supervisor/advisor can send the letter directly to the BGHS
- University and college certificates and transcripts (Master’s certificate). Please enclose a certified translation if certificates are not written in English or German.
15 January annually.