The Ishibashi Foundation/Japan Foundation Fellowship Program is now open. This program is purposed to support research on Japanese Art for curators and researchers from abroad. The curators and researchers from abroad are invited to apply. Expired 196 days ago, try next time!
Successful fellows will receive benefits as follow:
- Round-trip airfare (discount economy-class [most direct and economical route])
- Stipend and other allowances
Level and Area of Studies
Research program on Japanese Art. Priority will be given to projects that include in its proposals, plans for research results to be shared widely among the overseas public through the implementation of exhibits or the publication of books.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Japan.
Eligibility and Criteria
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applicant must be a national/permanent resident of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- Applicants must be in good health both physically and mentally.
- Applicants must be proficient in either Japanese or English.
- Applicants must be able to stay continuously in Japan for the term of fellowship.
- Applicants must not violate the law or regulations of their own country by receiving a fellowship from the Japan Foundation.
Non-Japanese citizens are welcome to apply.