Applications for the ADB Prize for Women’s Contribution to Development for 13rd edition are now invited. This prize is intended to a woman or a group of women who are coming from IDB Member countries. The $ 50,000 prize will granted for a woman or a group of women and the $100,000 for an organization. No entries will be accepted after 30 November 2017.
The Islamic Development Bank established the IDB Prize for Women’s Contribution to Development in 2006 to draw international attention to the vital role women play in developing their communities and the world. The Islamic Development Bank Prize is awarded annually in order to draw international attention to the vital role women play in developing their communities and the world.
The Islamic Development Bank Prize for Women’s Contribution to Development consists of two cash awards;
- U.S. $ 50,000 for a woman or a group of women
- U.S. $ 100,000 for an organization
Level and Area of Studies: Not specified.
Place of Study
IDB member countries and Muslim community in non-member countries
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible for the Islamic Development Bank Prize for Women’s Contribution to Development, candidates must satisfy the given requirements as follow:
- Be a woman.
- Engage in activities and /or reside in one of the IDB member countries or in a Muslim community in non-member countries.
- Hold values and principles and exhibit work that do not conflict with those of the IDB.
- Have activities that have proven to be effective.
- Have developed or be actively involved in projects/activities that are innovative and helped to improve access to safe and affordable water.
- Have work that is exemplary and worthy of emulation.
- Serve as a role model for other women.
- Be nominated by an organization
Eligible candidates should be the citizens of IDB member countries.
Please see detail instruction at the application link below.
30 November 2017.