Applications for the International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA) is now being accepted. Students from all nations are welcome to apply. They must be pursuing master or PhD degree in the field of Shari’ah or Islamic finance at recognized institutions of higher learning in Malaysia. The deadline is 15 January 2018.
The scholarship covers all of the relevant costs as follow:
- Academic tuition fees – excluding registration or entrance fee, refundable deposit, personal bond and accommodation;
- Subsistence allowance;
- Book allowance;
- Equipment allowance;
- Conference allowance;
- Thesis/end of study allowance
Level and Area of Studies
Master or PhD degree in the field of Shari’ah or Islamic finance.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Malaysia.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Obtained a Bachelor Degree in Shari’ah from recognised local or international universities (Bachelor degree in Shari’ah, Muamalat, Jurisprudence, Islamic Law, Fiqh, Usul al-Fiqh or its equivalent);
- Obtained an offer to pursue or is currently pursuing master or doctoral studies in Shari’ah, Islamic finance or its equivalent in a full-time mode;
- Obtained a minimum CGPA of 3.50 (on a 4.0 scale), 4.0 (on a 5.0 scale), 80% (on a 100% point scale), pass with distinction or its equivalent;
- Fulfilled or passed language proficiency requirements specified by the programme;
- Applicants should NOT be in receipt of any other scholarship award or financial assistance;
- Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
The ISRA Scholarship is targeted to international students.
The mode of applying is online. The application system can be accessed at the link below.
15 January 2018.