The Institute of Science and Technology Austria (IST Austria) is pleased to invite applications for the ISTFELLOW programme of two years appointments. The fellowship is open to scholars from all nations. He or she will be spending the postdoctoral stage of his/her scientific research career at IST Austria. A range of interesting benefits will be given to the winning fellows. The application deadline is March 1st, 2018.
About the Sponsor (s)
The Institute of Science and Technology Austria (IST Austria) is a young international institution in Klosterneuburg near Vienna that the basic scientific research and postgraduate training is dedicated to.
All ISTFELLOW recipients will be offered full-time employment contracts at IST Austria and will receive an internationally competitive salary with full social security coverage. In addition, the program will provide:
- Travel allowance to scientific conferences and workshops
- Support for study visits
- Mobility allowance
- Additional family allowance, if applicable
- Housing, a guest house and four apartment buildings are available on the IST campus. Depending upon availability, a room in the guest house or an apartment can be rented for a period of up to one year after arrival, giving incoming postdocs time to find suitable accommodation for the following years.
- IST offers German-language courses on campus.
Level and Area of Studies
Postdoctoral research in the areas that are represented by the faculty at IST Austria. As the research portfolio of the Institute continues to branch out into other areas in the coming years, including physics, chemistry, and mathematics, so will the ISTFELLOW program.
Place of Study
The research will be taken in Austria.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Highly qualified candidates with research focuses from all disciplines in the natural or computer sciences, mathematics or any related discipline are invited to apply for a full-time ISTFELLOW postdoctoral position at IST Austria.
- All applicants must have completed doctoral studies or equivalent or anticipate the completion of their studies prior to the commencement of the position. Candidates must be proficient in written and oral English.
There is no nationality restriction.
Application should be made online through the link below.
1st March 2018.