JAMS Foundation is now offering a fellowship of Weinstein JAMS International Fellowship. Individuals from outside United States may apply this fellowship. Preference will be given to those have experiences working in law areas. Selected fellows will have an opportunity to dispute resolution processes and practices in USA in order to advance the resolution of disputes in their home countries. Up to $20,000 will be awarded to the winners of this fellowship.
The Weinstein JAMS International Fellowship Program, inaugurated in 2008, provides opportunities for qualified individuals from outside the United States to study dispute resolution processes and practices in the U.S. in order to advance the resolution of disputes in their home countries. The JAMS Foundation will approve Fellowships of up to $20,000 in support of projects outlined by Fellowship applicants. This Program is intended for individuals who have demonstrated experience with and commitment to the field of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and who seek to increase the availability of dispute resolution education, training and services in their own countries and beyond.
Each of the fellowship will be granted maximum $20,000 for funding the outlined project.
Level and Area of Studies
Short course for studying dispute resolution processes and practices in the U.S. in order to advance the resolution of disputes in applicant’s home countries.
Place of Study: USA
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicants must be fluent in English.
- Proposed Fellowship must be one month to four months in duration.
- Preference for proposals that would help establish viable dispute resolution systems or change how disputes are resolved.
- Preference for applicants with experience as judges, lawyers, law professors, court administrators, government officers, or ADR practitioners.
- Preference for applicants able to commence their Fellowship with the annual gathering of Fellows in the San Francisco Bay area in early September 2019.
All nationalities except USA may apply this fellowship award.
Your application form can be submitted electronically and via post. The following document must be provided:
– Fellowship Application Form
– Curriculum Vitae
– Two Letters of Recommendation