The Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program for 2018/2019 intake is now open. In order to be eligible for the JADS Scholarship Program students must be the citizens of a national of a AfDB member country. The program does not provide scholarships to any other graduate degree program. Expired 48 days ago, try next time!
Successful candidates will receive benefits as follow:
- Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of the study program and immediately following the end of the scholarship period.
- Tuition for a graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance usually obtained through the university.
- A monthly subsistence allowance to cover living expenses, including books.
Level and Area of Studies
This is a non-degree program in any field.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Japan.
Eligibility and Criteria
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Be a national of a AfDB member country;
- Be in good health;
- Hold a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree in the energy area (or related field) earned at least 1 years prior to the application deadline date;
- Have 1 years or more of recent development-related experience after earning a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree;
- Be accepted unconditionally to enroll in the upcoming academic year in at least one of the JADS partner universities for a Master’s degree;
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his or her home country are not eligible for scholarships;
- JADS does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs;
- Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of all types of appointments of the African Development Bank Group or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew.
Eligible candidates must be the citizens of a national of a AfDB member country.