The Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS), in association with the Australian Academy of Science, is pleased to offer a number of Postdoctoral Fellowships. Those fellowships are only available for Australians who are interested in doing research in any field of natural sciences (including technology, engineering and medicine), the humanities and social sciences. Expired 92 days ago, try next time!
The amounts of the awards indicated below are subject to change.
- A round-trip air ticket (based on JSPS regulations).
- A monthly maintenance allowance of ¥362,000.
- A settling-in allowance of ¥200,000.
- Overseas travel accident and sickness insurance coverage.
Level and Area of Studies
Postdoctoral research in any field of natural sciences (including technology, engineering and medicine), the humanities and social sciences.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Japan.
Eligibility and Criteria
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Candidates must be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident living in Australia at the time of application. (If you were not born in Australia, please provide proof of Australian citizenship or Australian permanent residency).
- Note: Persons of Japanese nationality are not eligible to apply, nor are those of dual nationality if one is Japanese. Also, researchers who have permanent residency in Japan are not eligible.
- Candidates must hold a doctorate degree which must have been received on or after 2 April 2013 or be scheduled to receive a doctorate degree before the fellowship goes into effect.
- Note: If the doctorate degree has not been awarded at the time of application, the PhD thesis needs to have been awarded and a letter is required from the candidate’s institute stating the date that he/she will officially receive the degree.
- MD (medical doctor) holders without a PhD are not eligible.
- Candidates who have previously been awarded a fellowship under the JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship Program for Foreign Researchers or an STA Fellowship Program are not eligible.
Only the citizens of Australia are welcome to apply.