The Jardine Foundation Scholarship is now open. Entries will be accepted until 19 October 2017. Eligible candidates should be the citizens of countries in which Jardine Matheson Group has significant business interests. This award will support students undertaking bachelor program at the University of Cambridge and University of Oxford. The winning students will be granted a fully funded award.
The Jardine Foundation is inviting students with outstanding academic performance and exceptional leadership qualities who are applying to select Colleges at the University of Oxford and the University of Cambridge for AY 2018, to apply for the Jardine Foundation Scholarship Awards for First Degree Courses.
Each of the successful applicants will receive award that sufficient to cover fees, tuition, the cost of necessary books and equipment, board and lodging (preferably on a living-in basis where this is available at the University), and reasonable living expenses and travel expenses to and from the University at the beginning and at the end of the course.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate degree in any field of studies.
Place of Study
At the University of Cambridge and University of Oxford
Eligibility and Criteria
All candidates must ensure to fulfil of the following requirements:
- Applicants must normally be within 7 years of having completed the secondary school education, at the date of entry to any of the abovementioned preferred Colleges.
- The scholarship award is conditional upon the candidate being selected for and taking up a place at 1 of these Colleges.
- Applicants must be resident in any of the countries or territories in which Jardine Matheson Group has significant business interests, which include the countries listed below.
- For applications from Singapore, male applicants must complete or be exempted from National Service.
- Generally, applications will not be accepted from candidates whose parents have not resided in such relevant country or territory for at least 7 years prior to the proposed date of entry to University.
- Applicants should be in a satisfactory state of health and are single. In making awards, in addition to the academic achievements, Jardine will take into account the applicant’s: personal qualities and character with particular regard to the extent to which the applicant has demonstrated exceptional qualities of leadership and fellowship; achievements in non-curricular activities, including sports; community involvement and activities; and applicant’s attributes which indicate that he/she is likely to become an outstanding citizen with a high commitment to the performance of public duties and/or community involvement.
- Application for a study programme leading to a second first degree or a study programme currently being pursued will not be considered. Applicants who have already been awarded other fully covered scholarships to study overseas at the time of application will also not be considered.
Students from the following countries are welcome to apply: Cambodia, mainland China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
The application should be made through the online system at the website and application link below.
19 October 2017.