The Jean d’Alembert Fellowship is now open. Scholars from any countries and any discipline are welcome to apply. They will be spend up to 12 months doing research at the university of Paris-Saclay in France. Interested salary and other benefits will be given the winning fellows. No application will be accepted after 31 March 2017.
The “Jean d’Alembert” Scholarship program of IDEX Paris-Saclay is now available. Fellows will stay for long periods (from 6 to 12 months) in one of the laboratories within its perimeter. Scientists from all disciplines and all countries are eligible. Through this program, the Paris-Saclay Excellence Initiative aims to enable highly qualified foreign scientists to spend long periods of time in one of the laboratories within its perimeter.
- A supplement of monthly salary of 2600 € net for the program “young researcher” and 3300 € net for the confirmed researchers,
- Accompanying costs, which may include operating costs necessary to carry out the project and, more generally, costs related to the temporary establishment of the fellow in the laboratory in France.
- The beneficiary should be able to benefit, through the host laboratory, from assistance related to the search for housing, the schooling of children, the learning of the French language, etc.
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in any field. Two different programs are proposed:
- The “young researcher ” scholarships, for candidates who have graduated as a doctor for less than ten years,
- The “confirmed researcher” scholarships.
Place of Study
At the university of Paris-Saclay in France.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Diploma of Doctor (PhD) or equivalent, obtained for less than 10 years at the time of application for the Young Researchers program.
- The candidate must have been recruited as a researcher, engineer or teacher-researcher at the institution of origin (Tenure track possible).
- Candidates who have resided in France for more than six months at the time of application are not eligible.
- French citizens may apply for the program, provided that their usual place of residence and work has been abroad for at least five years.
- The head of the host laboratory will recruit the chairholder. When applying, the host laboratory must ensure that the age limit for recruitment is not exceeded before the end of the contract.
There is no nationality restriction.
The application package must be consisting the materials as follow:
- A complete CV including a list of publications
- Letters of recommendation, preferably from outside the Paris-Saclay perimeter
- A research project and possibly a training program or seminars developed jointly with the host team
- A letter from the host laboratory specifying, in particular, the accompanying costs requested under the “Jean d’Alembert” program.
- For the purposes of the selection stage, it is preferable to report the department (s) UPSaclay of the project.
31 March 2017.