Applications for the Jazz Education Network Scholarship are now invited. High school and college students who demonstrate outstanding talent and potential in jazz performance and/or education or industry. The winning candidates will receive benefit of financial support for tuition fees and other academic expenses. No entries will be accepted after 15 September on annual basis.
The Jazz Education Network is delighted to announce the JEN Student Scholarship. JEN offers a variety of scholarships for full-time high school and college students. The Scholarship Recipient must attend the JEN Conference.
There is no detail information, please contact the employer for further information.
Level and Area of Studies
High school and college level in any field. However the students must have outstanding talent in Jazz music.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
All candidates are required to satisfy the given criteria as follow:
- Outstanding high school or university students, ages 14 and UP, who in the opinion of his/her peers and instructors, displays an exceptional talent and potential in jazz performance and/or education or industry
- Demonstrates potential for growth, artistic accomplishments and leadership skills
- University students should demonstrate financial need related to college tuition and/or school related expenses
- High School students should use the scholarship award as tuition to attend either a summer jazz camp or college tuition and/or school related expenses
- Must participate in a jazz class or ensemble during the school year after the scholarship is granted
- Must volunteer at the Annual JEN Conference in the year of nomination (students age 18 and UP only)
The U.S citizens may apply this Jazz Education Network Scholarship.
To apply, candidates must provide the materials as follow:
- Self-Nomination and/or recommendation by a current JEN member may be submitted online with required support materials
- Narrative describing how the nominee meets the eligibility criteria
- The nominee’s address, phone number(s) and email address are required data
- Up to five letters of support and a short biography may be uploaded as a unit to the JEN website at a later date, including one support letter from your Jazz Program/Ensemble
15 September each year.