The Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund Scholarship or JNMF PhD Scholarship is now open. The eligible candidates should be the citizen of India and other selected Asian countries and planning to pursue a PhD program in India. A range of interesting benefits will be given to the selected candidates including a monthly allowance. To apply, the application package must be received no later than 31 May on annual basis.
The JNMF PhD Scholarship programs are available for Ph.D. study in India to the following categories of students: Indian Nationals, Nationals of other Asian countries. Areas of Specialization/Subject: A candidate may apply for scholarship in any one of the following areas of specialisation: Indian History and Civilization, Sociology, Comparative Studies in Religion & Culture, Economics, Geography, Philosophy, Ecology & Environment.
Each of the successful applicants may expect to receive the benefits as follow:
- Maintenance allowance including Tuition fee
- Rs.18,000 per month
- Contingent expenses for study tours within India, purchase of books, stationery, etc.
- Rs.15,000 per annum.
Level and Area of Studies
Doctoral program in one of the following studies: Indian History and Civilization, Sociology, Comparative Studies in Religion & Culture, Economics, Geography, Philosophy, Ecology & Environment.
Place of Study
The program can be taken in India
Eligibility and Criteria
All qualofied applicants are expected flto fullfil whole of the condition as follow:
- Hold a First Class Postgraduate degree with a min. 60% marks at the previous degree.
- Already be registered/admitted for Ph.D. degree with a recognized Institution in India.
- Not be above 35 years of age.
- Be a full-time Ph.D. Scholar.
This scholarship open to Indian students or those coming from one of these Asian countries; Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam.
To apply, all applicants are advised to visit the application link below. Please note, all of the following documents must be submitted:
- A passport size photograph of the applicant to be pasted on the form.
- A synopsis of around 1500 words or about 4 pages in double space.
- Doctoral Monitoring Committee or Supervisor’s report.
- Postal Order/Demand Draft for Rs.100.
- Ph.D registration certificate.
31 May each year.