Applications for the JSIS – FLAS Fellowships are now accepted. Only the U.S citizens or permanent resident are welcome to apply. He or she currently or will be enrolled full-time program of study at the University of Washington. The amount of the award is vary depending on the fellows’ category. To apply, all required documents must be received by January 31, every year.
The Henry M. Jackson School of International Studies (JSIS) is pleased to offer Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowship. FLAS Fellowships are available to U.S. citizens and permanent residents. The fellowship support undergraduate, graduate and professional students. Students from all UW departments and professional schools are encouraged to apply.
Each of the successful fellows will receive benefits according to the following classifications:
- Academic Year Graduate: $18,000 tuition, $15,000 living stipend.
- Academic Year Undergraduate: $10,000 tuition, $5,000 living stipend.
- Summer Graduate/Undergraduate: $5,000 tuition, $2500 living stipend.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate, graduate and professional in Language studies.
Place of Study
At the University of Washington, USA.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, students must satisfy the given criteria as follow:
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- To accept a FLAS award offer, student must be enrolled (or accepted for enrollment) in a full-time program of study at the University of Washington.
- Undergraduates must be studying a language other than French, German or Spanish and are ineligible for FLAS awards to fund beginning level language study.
Only the U.S. citizens or permanent residents are welcome to apply.
Please learn the detail instruction of the application procedure at the website and application link below.
31 January annually.