Applications for the Kader Asmal Fellowship are now accepted. Eligible candidates should be the citizens of South Africa or Zimbabwe. Fellows will be undertaking postgraduate degree in one of the fields listed below in Ireland. Up to eight best applicants will be chosen to receive the fully-funded scholarships. Expired 52 days ago, try next time!
The Embassy of Ireland in South Africa in partnership with Canon Collins Trust invites applications for scholarships for postgraduate study in Ireland commencing in September 2019. There are approximately 8 fellowships under the general strand and 1 Human Rights Law fellowship available in 2019. However awards will be made on the basis of available funding and suitable applicants and numbers may vary. The selection process is highly competitive.
Kader Asmal Fellowship is a fully – funded award that covers items as follow:
- tuition fees
- examination and other fees
- economy travel to and from your country of residence to Ireland
- settling in allowance, book allowance and study allowance
- a monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover other living expense for you only and
- the costs of an entry clearance (student visitor visa) application
Level and Area of Studies
Postgraduate degree in one of the two strands as follow:
- The General Strand: Business Management (Economics, Accounting, and Human Resource Management; Management and Business); Agriculture, Food Science & Nutrition (Agriculture, Climate Change, Rural Development and Sustainability; Food Science and Food Engineering; Bioresource Technology); Public Administration (Economics, Accounting, and Human Resource Management; Public Health, Health Economics and Health Engineering)
- The Human Rights Law Strand, for an LLM in Law at Trinity College Dublin.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Ireland.
Eligibility and Criteria
- be a South African citizen or a citizen of Zimbabwe holding a South African Permanent
- Residence Permit have achieved the necessary standard to be accepted onto a postgraduate course in an institute of higher education in Ireland be seeking funding for a full-time postgraduate programme in one of the above listed subject areas be able to take up fellowship in the academic year 2018/2019 Please apply only if you are eligible. Applicants already in possession of a Master’s degree are not eligible.
Only South African citizens or Zimbabwean citizens may apply this Kader Asmal Fellowship.