Applications for the Kamal Adham Fellowship are now being invited. This call is intended to students from all over the world who will be undertaking master degree in the field of Television and Digital Journalism in Egypt. Either full or partial scholarships are available. The closing date of application is April 15 for the Fall semester and November 1 for the Spring semester.
The fellowship is designed to attract deserving and qualified graduates of Journalism and Mass Communication programs as well as professionals in mid-career television and digital journalism positions who wish to pursue full-time study (nine credits per semester) toward a 1.5 year master’s degree in television and digital journalism at AUC.
The fellowship covers:
- Full or partial tuition coverage for the MA program
- May cover prerequisite courses and one semester of intensive English language courses as needed
- Book allowance per semester
- Student services and activities fees (bus fees)
- In support of their professional training, fellows are assigned up to 20 hours per week of related academic or technical work
Level and Area of Studies
Master degree in Television and Digital Journalism.
Place of Study
At American University in Cairo, Egypt
Eligibility and Criteria
- Graduates with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Preference is given to graduates of Egyptian public universities and professionals in the broadcasting industry
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 or a rating of gayed giddan. Applicants with slightly lower GPA must have sufficient relevant work experience
- Meet AUC graduate admissions requirements, including submission of AUC graduate application and needed documents
- Submit an International TOEFL iBT exam score or academic IELTS exam score as per the cut-off scores for AUC graduate amissions
- Proven interest and achievement in television and digital journalism
- An interview with the program director is required to assess candidates’ commitment, potential and communication skills
- To retain the fellowship, the recipient must carry a full course load (nine graduate credits) and maintain a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Financial need
There is no citizenship requirement.
Please apply this scholarship through the link below.
April 15 for the Fall semester and November 1 for the Spring semester.