KU Leuven is pleased to invite applications for the Specialization Grants which are specially open to the researchers from the South. The applicants should be the citizens of low or middle income countries. The winning scholars will receive benefits of fully – funded award. To apply, entries must be submitted by 1 March 2016
KU Leuven offers travel grants to researchers from the South. The grants are meant to help the researchers pay for a research visit to Belgium. With this programme, KU Leuven wishes to stimulate South-North exchanges. The programme intends to offer new opportunities to researchers. It is meant to stimulate capacity-building in the South.
The winning candidates will receive benefits of:
- a monthly allowance of € 1,500
- a plane ticket (with a maximum of € 1,200)
- insurance coverage during the stay in Leuven.
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in any subject.
Place of Study
The program will be taken in Belgium.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicants should have obtained their PhD at least three years prior to applying.
- Applicants should originate from one of the Least Developed Countries, Low Income Countries or Low Middle Income Countries, as indicated on the DAC list of OECD.
- Applicants should be employed by an institution located in one of the countries mentioned below.
- Applicants should be invited and supported by a KU Leuven supervisor who is a senior staff member (ZAP).
- Priority will be given to applicants under the age of fifty.
All candidates must be the citizens of the countries listed as follow: Afghanistan, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Armenia, Angola, Kenya, Bolivia, Bangladesh, Tajikistan, Cabo Verde, Benin, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Bhutan, Congo, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Burundi, Egypt, Cambodia, El Salvador, Central African Republic, Georgia, Chad, Ghana, Comoros, Guatemala, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Guyana, Djibouti, Honduras, Equatorial Guinea, India, Eritrea, Indonesia, Ethiopia, Kosovo, Gambia, Kyrgyzstan, Guinea, Micronesia, Guinea-Bissau, Moldova, Haiti, Mongolia, Kiribati, Morocco, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Nicaragua, Lesotho, Nigeria, Liberia, Pakistan, Madagascar, Papua New Guinea, Malawi, Paraguay, Mali, Philippines, Mauritania, Samoa, Mozambique, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Swaziland, Nepal, Syrian, Arab Republic, Niger, Tokelau, Rwanda, Ukraine, Sao Tome and Principe, Uzbekistan, Senegal, Vietnam, Sierra Leone, West Bank and Gaza Strip, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Yemen and Zambia.
Please find the detail instruction of the application procedure at the link below.
1 March 2016.