The Landscape Architecture Foundation (LAF) Fellowship for Innovation and Leadership Program is now open. All candidates must hold bachelor’s or master’s degree in landscape architecture. 3 – 5 fellows will be selected to receive the LAF Fellowship each year.Please anticipate the deadline in September.
The LAF Fellowship for Innovation and Leadership was established to foster transformational leadership capacity and support innovation to advance the field of landscape architecture. The $25,000 fellowship is an opportunity for mid-career or senior-level professionals to dedicate the equivalent of 3 months’ time over the course of one year to nurture emerging ideas and to think deeply. It is designed as a time to reflect, research, explore, create, test, and develop ideas into action.
Each selected Fellow will receive one $25,000 award.
Level and Area of Studies
Non – degree program in architecture.
Place of Study
At Landscape Architecture Foundation in the U.S.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in landscape architecture. For those with degrees from colleges/universities in the U.S. and Canada, the landscape architecture program must be LAAB- or LAAC-accredited. For those outside of the U.S. and Canada, in locations where landscape architecture is not a recognized degree or profession, a degree in a related discipline is acceptable, provided that the applicant works as a landscape architect.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 6 years of professional experience in landscape architecture by the December 1 application deadline. This experience can include all types of practice — private, public, academic, non-profit, service, multi-disciplinary, and other.
- Applicants must be able to communicate in written and spoken English at an advanced/professional level and provide evidence of proficiency.
- Applicants must be able to dedicate time to the fellowship and proposed project. They will be required to obtain a letter of support from their employers for time-off from their regular employment.
- Current LAF staff and members of the LAF Board of Directors are not eligible. Former staff and former members of the LAF Board of Directors who meet the above requirements are eligible.
- Teams may apply for the Fellowship, provided that a Team Lead is identified in the application and meets the above requirements. There are no restrictions on the size of the team. If selected, the team will share the $25,000 award and the Team Lead will be required to attend the three residencies.
There is no citizenship requirement.