Each year, the Leverhulme Trust offer approximately 25 Study Abroad Studentships for those have been resident in the UK for at least three years at the time of application. This scholarship program covers basic annual maintenance allowance of £21,000 plus other benefits. The deadline is 11 January 2021.
The Trust offers approximately 25 Study Abroad Studentships each year. The awards are tenable at a centre of learning anywhere in the world except the UK and USA. Studentships are tenable for between 12 and 24 months.
The winner will receive the benefits as follow:
- maintenance allowance of £21,000 a year
- return air fare to the country of tenure and a baggage allowance
- an allowance of £7,000 a year when a student is accompanied by a dependent partner
- further allowances are paid at the discretion of the Trust, e.g: a contribution towards overseas fees, internal travel costs associated with the course of study or research and fieldwork expenses
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in any field except studies of disease, illness and disabilities in humans and animals and research that is intended to inform clinical practice or the development of medical applications
Place of study
At any research center institution worldwide except UK and USA.
Eligibility and Requirement
- have been resident in the UK for at least three years at the time of application
- hold an undergraduate degree (undergraduates are not eligible)
- hold a degree from a UK institution (this may be either the undergraduate degree or a further degree held by the applicant). Those studying for a UK PhD who do not otherwise hold a degree from a UK institution may apply as long as they meet the other eligibility criteria
- either be a student at the time of application or have been registered as a student within the last eight years
- explain why their work requires residence overseas
Please see the detail guidance at the link below.
11 January 2021.