The Research Society for Victorian Periodicals (RSVP) is glad to announce the Linda H. Peterson Fellowship. All candidates must be able to conduct four-month research in 19th-century British periodical and newspaper press. Up to $17,500 will be given to the winning fellows. Expired 78 days ago, try next time!
The Research Society for Victorian Periodicals (RSVP) is offering Linda H. Peterson Fellowship (henceforth, the Peterson Fellowship). The purpose of the fellowship is to support one scholar for four full-time months to enable him or her to conduct a research project on the 19th-century British periodical and newspaper press. An awardee is expected to hold the fellowship for a continuous period for the equivalent of four, full-time months.
The amount of the award will be $17,500.
Level and Area of Studies
Research program on the nineteenth-century newspaper and periodical press.
Place of Study: Any.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The Peterson Fellowship is intended to support, first and foremost, primary research on the nineteenth-century newspaper and periodical press. Therefore, eligible projects must engage primary sources, whether those sources appear in print, manuscript, or digital facsimile.
- Only one application may be submitted by an individual per deadline.
- Only one applicant is permitted per application. Awards cannot be shared or split among collaborators. (Those seeking support for collaborative projects should consider the RSVP Field-Development Grants.)
- The fellowship period must begin during the 2019 calendar year.
- Those holding academic appointments as well as independent or retired scholars are equally welcome to apply. An academic degree is not required, however, those enrolled in a degree program at the deadline are not eligible. Applicants may be based anywhere in the world.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged, but not required, to become RSVP members.
- Applicants may hold grants or fellowships from other organizations concurrent with the Peterson Fellowship. However, the Peterson Fellowship winner may not hold other RSVP awards in the same calendar year.
The U.S. citizens are welcome to apply.
All candidates are advised to learn the detail instruction of application procedure at the link below.
5 February 2019.