Entries for the the MƒA Early Career Fellowship and MƒA Master Teacher Fellowship are now being accepted. This program is available for for mathematics and science teachers. They must demonstrate knowledge and expertise of their content area, pedagogy, and knowledge of students, as well as a commitment to continued learning and collaboration. Please anticipate the deadline in May and April 2018.
About the Sponsor (s)
Math for America (MƒA) Organization was founded in 2004 as an organization committed to teachers. MƒA teachers participate in and lead professional growth and enrichment opportunities throughout the year, ranging in focus from mathematics and science content to pedagogical practice and leadership. Below is a sample of our course offerings.
- Up to $60,000 in stipends
- A robust catalog of professional learning courses and workshops
- Funding for conferences and materials
- A community of inspiring K-12 educators
Level and Area of Studies
Non – degree program for math and science teachers.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
You are eligible to apply for the MƒA Early Career Fellowship (Math)if you:
- Teach mathematics in a public middle or high school (the Early Career Fellowship is not open to elementary school teachers).
- By the start of 2018-2019 school year, have completed at least one year, but not more than three years, of full-time classroom mathematics teaching.
- Must be the mathematics teacher of record for a minimum of 80 percent of your teaching schedule.
You are eligible to apply for theMƒA Early Career Fellowship (Science) if you:
- Teach science in a public middle or high school (the Early Career Fellowship is not open to elementary school teachers).
- By the start of 2018-2019 school year, have completed at least one year, but not more than three years, of full-time classroom science teaching.
- Must be the science teacher of record for a minimum of 80 percent of your teaching schedule (all science courses must be student-credit bearing).
The U.S. citizens are welcome to apply.
Please click the link below to apply this fellowship.
- Early Career: Written Application Deadline is May 18
- Master Teacher: Written Application Deadline is April 20