The University of Toronto is glad to invite applications for the Mackenzie King Scholarship Programs. Both domestic and overseas students are welcome to apply. There two types of scholarships will be awarded; Travelling Scholarship and Open Scholarship. Expires in 30 days!
Two types of Mackenzie King Scholarships were established to support graduates of Canadian universities who are pursuing graduate studies. U of T is permitted to nominate two (2) candidates from each category to the national competition. The Travelling Scholarship is awarded to applicants who have a degree from a Canadian university and are pursuing graduate studies in the areas of international or industrial relations within the United States or the United Kingdom. The Mackenzie King Board receives about 35 nominations annually for four scholarships. The Open Scholarship is awarded to an applicant who has a degree from a Canadian university and is pursuing graduate studies in any discipline, within Canada or elsewhere. The Mackenzie King Board receives approximately 80 nominations annually from all universities to award one scholarship.
- Travelling Scholarship – $10,500 for one year
- Open Scholarship – $8,500 for one year
Level and Area of Studies
Master or PhD degree in any field.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Canada.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Have applied for admission to a graduate program and will be commencing (or continuing in the 2nd or 3rd year of) full-time graduate studies in the upcoming 2019-2020 academic-year;
- Will have obtained a degree from a Canadian university (e.g., bachelor’s degree, master’s degree) when tenure of the scholarship begins (i.e. September 2019);
- Demonstrate a minimum grade of “A-” (80%, 3.7/4.0) in almost every undergraduate and graduate course completed to date. Applicants with a B+ or lower in any individual course are typically not considered (Travelling Scholarship applicants excepted); and
- Are at an early stage of their graduate program (Years 1-3).
There is no citizenship restriction.
14 January 2019.