The Makerere University Regional Centre for Crop Improvement (MaRCCI) is glad to offer a number of scholarships for students from Eastern and Southern Africa who want to pursue MSc in Plant Breeding and Seed Systems (PBSS) or a PhD in Plant Breeding and Biotechnology (PBB) at Makerere University. Full and partial scholarships are available. Applications are accepted until 19 January 2018.
A very limited number of partial or full scholarships are available.
Level and Area of Studies
MSc or PhD programme in the field of Plant Breeding.
Place of Study
At the Makerere University Regional Centre for Crop Improvement (MaRCCI) in Uganda.
Eligibility and Criteria
Applicants for the MSc PBSS should have the following qualifications:
- Must have obtained at least a Bachelor of Science degree in Crop Science or other relevant fields
- Should be less than 35 years of age at the time of application. Applicants for PBB should have the following qualifications.
Applicants for PhD program must meet the condition as follow:
- Must have obtained at least a Master of Science degree in Plant Breeding or other relevant fields in plant sciences from a recognized and chartered university/institution.
- Should be less than 40 years of age at the time of application.
These scholarships are open to students form Eastern and Southern Africa. Preference will be given to those from Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia.
Applicants should provide:
- Curriculum Vitae of not more than 2 pages, with Names and contact information (e-mail addresses and telephone numbers) of 3 references
- Academic documents/transcripts (translated into English if required),
- Letter regarding motivation
- Photocopy of primary page of passport
- Completed application form for Makerere University’s post-graduate programme
- MaRCCI’s supplemental application form.
19 January 2018.