The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB) is currently accepting applications for the Marion B. Sewer Distinguished Scholarship Program. Only U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents are welcome to apply. The scholarship will support students pursuing undergraduate degree in the fields of biochemistry and molecular biology and enhance the diversity of science. Up to five awards will be given.
TheMarion B. Sewer Distinguished Scholarship provides up to $2000 toward tuition costs for one academic year.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate degree in the field of biochemistry and molecular biology and enhance the diversity of science.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or permanent resident at the time of application. Students with DACA status also are eligible. Foreign nationals who are in the U.S. on a visa are not eligible.
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a full-time student at an accredited two- or four-year institution located in the U.S. or U.S. territories.
- Have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours (or equivalent).
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0-point scale.
- Be an ASBMB member at the time of application. Undergraduates can join the ASBMB either directly or by joining an ASBMB Student Chapter at a participating institution.
- Recipients of the Marion B. Sewer Distinguished Scholarship for Undergraduates are eligible to apply for a further scholarship in subsequent semesters/academic years.
Only U.S. citizens are invited to apply this Marion B. Sewer Distinguished Scholarship.
Detail instruction of application procedure can be learnt from the link below.
June 1, 2019.