Each year, the MaryEllen Locher Foundation invites applications for the MaryEllen Locher Foundation Scholarship Program. The scholarship only open to students residing within a 50-mile radius of Chattanooga, Tennessee.They must be children of breast cancer patients, either survivors or deceased.
According to the terms of this scholarship, students will be selected on the basis of eligibility and essays. Community service, grades, and financial need will also be considered in the review of applicants. However, grades will not play a dominant role in the selection process. Our reviewers recognize that dealing with cancer in a family member may impact a student’s academic performance. Scholarship winners are required to participate in at least one breast cancer awareness project during the school year they receive a scholarship. Recipients may complete this requirement on their own or join with the MaryEllen Locher Foundation or other organizations in fulfilling this requirement.
There is no detail information.
Level and Area of Studies
High school or college level in any field.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
Students applying for scholarships from the MaryEllen Locher Foundation must meet the following criteria:
- Student must have lost a parent to breast cancer or complications relating from the disease or have a parent who has survived breast cancer.
- Student must live within a 50-mile radius of Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Student must be a current high school senior who will will graduate the year of application, a current college student, or have earned a GED.
- Student must have a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Student must be a legal resident of the United States.
- Student must be accepted as a full-time enrollee in an undergraduate program at either a two or four-year accredited college or university. At this time, the MaryEllen Locher Foundation is not authorized to provide scholarships for graduate programs.
Only the United States citizens are invited to apply.
Please click the “website and application link” below to apply this scholarship.
Please see the deadline of the current round at the link below..