Applications for McKnight Artist Fellowship are now invited. The fellowship award is intended to Poetry & Spoken Word and for children younger than eight. He or she must be currently living in Minnesota. The winning students will receive $25,000 each. Expired 123 days ago, try next time!
The Loft Literary Center is pleased to announce the 2018 McKnight Artist Fellowships for Writers. The fellowship this year is available in Poetry & Spoken Word and for children younger than eight. The awards provide the writers the opportunity to focus on their craft for the course of the fellowship year.
Each of the successful applicants will receive up to $25,000.
Level and Area of Studies
There is no specified level and area of studies
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicants must have been legal residents of Minnesota for the 12 months prior to the application deadline and must currently reside in Minnesota.
- Applicants may apply for only one McKnight Artist Fellowship per year. You may not apply for the Award in Poetry and Spoken Word and also apply for any other McKnight Fellowship, including the Award in Children’s Literature.
- Loft and McKnight Foundation staff and board members are not eligible.
Additional Requirements for the Loft Awards in Poetry and Spoken Word Poetry, applicants must have:
- Published at least 12 original poems in no fewer than 3 literary journals or magazines that regularly feature poetry as part of their format. (Work published in an online journal that has an editorial process is eligible.) OR
- Published a book-length collection of poetry OR
- Produced a full-length spoken word CD OR
- Written and performed spoken word/performance work
Additional Requirements for the Loft Award in Children’s Literature, applicants must have:
- Published a book for children under the age of eight, in any genre other than educational textbook material OR
- Published at least three pieces of original work in one or more publications that regularly feature creative work for children under the age of eight as part of their format.
- Work published in an online journal that has an editorial process is eligible.
- Work published in an anthology is eligible. The same piece printed in a journal and in an anthology may only be counted once, applicants may not use multiple publication of the same work to meet the three required pieces
Only the U.S citizens are invited to apply.
Please find the detail information of application procedure at the website and application link below.
Please contact Kerry Morgan, program director, at gallery-at-mcad.edu or 612.874.3667 for more information.