Applications for the McNair Scholars Program are now invited. This summer research scholarship open to undergraduate students who are planning to obtain admission for graduate degree.
University of Oregon’s McNair Scholars Program is one of 151 programs at colleges and universities across the country and part of a group of federal programs known collectively as TRiO. The McNair Program helps qualified undergraduate students prepare for admission to doctoral programs and the successful pursuit of PhD degrees. $2800 summer research stipend is given to the winning candidates.
Each of the winning candidates will receive $2.800 summer research stipend.
Other benefits will also be given.
Level and Area of Studies
Summer research in any field.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- First-generation college students who are also low-income Or
- Students from groups historically under-represented in US higher education (Black/African American, Hispanic, Native American, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian, or Native Pacific Islander).
- Have earned at least 75 undergraduate credits, but not have a bachelor’s degree.
- Have completed (or be enrolled in) some upper division course work in the major.
- Have a GPA that is competitive for entry into graduate school.
- Be committed to success and the pursuit of graduate education.
Only U.S citizens and permanent residents are invited to apply.
Application packet must be consisting the materials as follow:
- Responses to the personal statement questions.
- Transcripts of all college level work (unofficial transcripts are acceptable).
- Two academic letters of recommendation (at least one from a faculty member within the major).