This Medhat Haroun Engineering Fellowship fellowship award is available for either domestic and overseas students. There will be $1,000 will be awarded to one of the most deserving applicants. To apply, the completed application form must be submitted no later than 16 October 2015.
The Civil and Environmental Engineering Department of Samueli School of Engineering is pleased to announce the application for the 2015/2016 Medhat Haroun Engineering Fellowship. The fellowship is open to both Domestic and International Ph.D. students and who have passed the Preliminary Exam. The Henry Samueli School of Engineering was founded in 1965. The mission of school is to unleash innovation, create opportunities and motivate creativity for the students.
One $1,000 Fellowship award will be given to the winning candidate.
Level and Area of Studies
Ph.D degree in Geotechnical Engineering-related studies.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Emphasis in Structural/Geotechnical Engineering
- Have achieved a graduate level UC GPA of 3.7 or better through Spring Quarter 2015
- Have passed the Preliminary Exam
There is no nationality description.
All participants are required to submit the documents as follow:
- A cover letter including your name, faculty advisor’s name, date of first enrollment in the program, course work completed and current GPA, and Preliminary Exam date and outcome
- Letter of recommendation from faculty advisor
- Description of research focus, summary of research progress, and itemized list of contributions to Structural/Geotechnical Engineering (one page)
16 October 2015.