Applications for the Microsoft Azure for Research Award are currently being accepted. All.candidates must be affiliated with an academic institution/university or non-profit research organization or non-profit research laboratory. The winners will receive benefit of cash for supporting their research. No application will be accepted after on the 15th of even-numbered months as stated below.
Microsoft Azure for Research Award aims to support researchers who are able to find applications for their work in this area. Microsoft Azure can help you do your research better, bigger, and faster.The awards program provides access to significant amounts of cloud computing resources for a year, so you can easily experiment and scale up your project quickly to achieve more.Winning proposals will be awarded allocations of Microsoft Azure storage and compute resources for a period of one year.
- MicrosoftAzure will provide the researcher a specified dollar amount of Azure credits that they can then expand for any of the available Azure services (VMs, Storage, DB, Hadoop, Spark, Containers, etc.). The research grants do not include direct monetary or cash awards.
- Qualifying proposals will be awarded allocations of Microsoft Azure compute and storage resources.The size of the allocations will be suitable for a substantial research project.
- Microsoft Azure for Research Awards offer large allocations of cloud computing for your research project, and already support hundreds of researchers worldwide across all domains.
Level and Area of Studies
Non – degree program in any field.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be affiliated with an academic institution/university or non-profit research organization or non-profit research laboratory. In addition to individual investigator projects, they are interested in projects that will support access to services and data of value to researchers and those in disciplines concerned with public health.
- Masters and undergraduate students require a faculty project supervisor to submit their proposal.
- Faculty, researchers, and graduate students are qualified to submit proposals for Azure awards for research projects.
- Microsoft Research is soliciting proposals for the use of Microsoft Azure in research. They are welcome to research proposals from any branch of scholarly activity.
- The awards are available in all countries in which Azure is available.
The United States citizens are invited to apply.
Detail guideline of application procrdure can be learnt from the link below.
Proposals are due on the 15th of even-numbered months (February, April, June, August, October, and December).