The Birmingham City University is currently accepting applications for a fully funded program of Midlands4Cities PhD Studentship. Both UK and European Union citizens are welcome to apply. They will be undertaking research degree in the are of Art and Design, Law, English, Media and Cultural studies and Conservatoire. Expired 38 days ago, try next time!
This is a fully funded program.
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in the field of Art and Design, Law, English, Media and Cultural studies and Conservatoire.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in UK.
Eligibility and Criteria
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- AHRC funding is open to all UK and EU students, who meet the academic and residency eligibility criteria as detailed in the AHRC Training Grant Funding Guide You should read this to ensure that you meet the scheme, subject, residency and academic eligibility requirements.
- You should either hold a Masters qualification at the time of application or be able to state that you will have completed one by the time your PhD begins (even though the result may not be known and the final examination board may not yet have taken place). You can also apply on the basis of having equivalent relevant professional experience in lieu of a Masters qualification.
- For EU applicants, unless you have been living in the UK for 3 years previous to the start of your studentship, EU applicants are awarded an EU fees-only studentship. This is in line with UK Research and Innovation rules. Depending on M4C funds available, however, EU applicants may be offered studentships comprising fees and full stipend. This is not guaranteed but offered wherever possible. EU applicants should therefore submit an application and, if successful, you will be informed of the funding level you have been awarded.
- UKCISA provides information on tuition fees to help you assess your fee status. This guide should give you a clear idea of whether you have UK or EU student status.
- Please note that this scheme is not open to international applicants.
Only EU and UK citizens are invited to apply.