The Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) and Old Mutual are pleased to invite applications for the MINDS Old Mutual Scholarship Programme – MINDS Scholarship Programme. This call is intended to African students who wish to pursue post-graduate studies within Africa, but outside of their own countries. This is a fully-funded scholarship programme.
The Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) offers scholarships to African students who wish to pursue post-graduate studies within Africa, but outside of their own countries. Through tailored leadership development activities, the MINDS Scholarship Programme nurtures leaders who have a continental development mindset; leaders who will facilitate greater cooperation between African countries. MINDS Scholarships are applicable to full-time studies of a one or two-year Honours or Master’s degree at one of the MINDS preferred institutions in Africa. As one of the partners of the programme, Old Mutual sponsors studies related to Actuarial Sciences, Finance, Business Sciences and Accounting for students studying in South African, Kenyan and Nigerian institutions.
Each scholarship covers the expenses below, depending on whether a partial or full scholarship is awarded:
- Accommodation and meals
- One return ticket per duration of studies
- A fixed stipend
Level and Area of Studies
Master degree in Actuarial Sciences, Finance, Business Sciences and Accounting studies.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in East Africa: Strathmore University, Kenya, Southern Africa: University of Cape Town, South Africa, University of Witwatersrand, South Africa, West Africa: Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Ghana, University of Ibadan, Nigeria and University of Development Studies, Ghana.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be a national of an African country, residing in any African country;
- Have been formally accepted by one or more MINDS preferred institution/s outside of your country of citizenship and/ or residency;
- Have been formally accepted by one or more MINDS preferred institution/s to pursue postgraduate studies within the following year;
- Have obtained at least 70% in each subject/ course in the last two completed years of study;
- Produce evidence of demonstrated leadership abilities or potential guided by the questions/ requirements set out in the application form;
- Submit a complete application form with the required supporting documentation as set out on the application form.
Only the citizens of African countries are invited to apply this MINDS Scholarship Programme.
Application can be made online through the link below.