The MinorityNurse.com is delighted to offer three nursing scholarships for U.S students attaining minimum 3.0 of GPA. One best candidates will receive $3,000 and the remaining ones will receive $1,000 each. To apply, the required entries must be received no later than 1 May 2016.
Minority Nurse has teamed up with NCEMNA to offer a Minority Nurse annual scholarship. The aim of scholarship is to help outstanding nurses from underrepresented groups to complete their studies toward a Bachelor or Master of Science in Nursing. This 16th annual scholarship competition offer three awards.
Two $1,000 awards and one $3,000 award for the deserving candidates.
Level and Area of Studies
Master and undergraduate degree in Nursing studies.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
The qualified students must be satisfying the given criteria as follow:
- Must be enrolled (as of September 2016) in either: The third or fourth year of an accredited BSN program in the United States or An accelerated program leading to a BSN degree (such as RN-to-BSN or BA-to-BSN) or An accelerated master’s entry program in nursing for students with bachelor’s degrees in fields other than nursing (such as BA-to-MSN)
- Graduate students who already have a bachelor’s degree in nursing are not eligible.
- The applicants must be a minority in nursing profession
- Have a 3.0 GPA or better (on a 4.0 scale)
- Be enrolled (as of September 2016) as a 3rd/4th year nursing student in an accredited BSN program
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
The U.S students are invited to apply.
The application packet must be consisting the documents below:
- Transcript or other Proof of GPA
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member outlining academic achievement
- A brief (250-word) written statement summarizing your academic and personal accomplishments, community service, and goals for your future nursing career
May 1, 2016