Entries for the Mitacs Elevate Postdoctoral Fellowships are now being accepted. Both Canadian and overseas students are welcome to apply. Fellows will participate in a-two year postdoctoral program in Canada. Up to $115,000 will be granted to each of the winning fellows. Other benefits may also be given.
Applications are invited for Mitacs Elevate Postdoctoral Fellowship, a two-year training program that supports the professional skills development of the recent PhD graduates. Fellowships are awarded to work on a two-year research project with applicant’s partner organization and university faculty supervisor, typically spending half of the fellowship with each. Fellows who have held a Mitacs-Accelerate award as a Masters or PhD student are eligible to apply, but must not have received a Mitacs-Accelerate award since graduating from their PhD program. Postdoctoral fellows who have already held a Mitacs Elevate award are not eligible. Mitacs Elevate is open to Canadian citizens, permanent residents and international applicants.
Successful Mitacs Elevate Postdoctoral Fellowships applicants who have secured a partner organization receive a Mitacs Elevate award of $57,500 per year for two years for a total award of $115,000, as well as the mandatory R&D management training curriculum ($15,000 non-cash value over two years); a minimum stipend / salary of $50,000 per year is allocated to the fellow and up to $7,500 is allocated to research costs. Mitacs follows tri-council guidelines with respect to the use of funds towards eligible research costs. Awards are typically forwarded annually as a lump sum of $57,500 to the supervising faculty member, to be held as a research grant at their home university, pending Mitacs receipt of the following: -the $25,000 annual partner contribution -in lieu of provincial funding, documentation that a $20,000 annual contribution will be made available to the fellow (for applicants at Mitacs Honorary or non-member universities in Saskatchewan, Ontario, PEI and Newfoundland). -any necessary documentation such as a Declaration of Conflict of Interest; Environmental Impact Assessment; permits or licenses; University Research Ethics Board report; University Animal Care Committee report; biohazards review report; and/or other documentation as appropriate.
Level and Area of Studies
Postdoctoral program which is aimed to develop career-ready skills in areas such as project management, entrepreneurship and presentation skills, while applying both their expertise and professional skill set in the real-world environment of their partner organization through a 2-year research project.
Place of Study
The program will be taken in Canada.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Postdoctoral fellows & supervising professors based at eligible universities are welcome to apply for a Mitacs Elevate fellowship if they meet the criteria below.
- Postdoctoral fellows may apply for Mitacs Elevate fellowship if their date of graduation from a PhD program is no more than 5 years prior to the proposed start date of the research project.
- Fellows who have had a break in their career due to military service, illness, or family leave may be considered as exceptions and must be approved in advance of proposal submission. If you have any questions, please contact Mitacs at elevate(at)mitacs.ca.
- Fellows who have held a Mitacs-Accelerate award as a Masters or PhD student are eligible to apply, but must not have received a Mitacs-Accelerate award since graduating from their PhD program.
- Postdoctoral fellows who have already held a Mitacs Elevate award are not eligible.
- Mitacs Elevate Postdoctoral Fellowships is open to Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and international applicants. The fellow must be based at a university located in the same province as the partner organization for the duration of the fellowship. Applicants in all disciplines are encouraged to apply.
There is no nationality restriction.
Please go to the link below to learn detail instruction of application procedure.