The Melbourne Law School (MLS) is pleased to invite applications for the Indian Equality Law PhD Scholarship Program. Applications are expected from suitably qualified scholars both Australian and overseas scholars. Expired 173 days ago, try next time!
This scholarship provides full fee offset and an annual stipend of $30,600 (2019 full-time study rate, indexed annually). The maximum duration of the stipend is 3.5 years full-time equivalent and the maximum duration of the fee offset is 4 years full-time equivalent. A relocation allowance of AUD $2,000 will be granted for candidates who need to move from outside Victoria or AUD $3,000 for candidates who need to move from outside Australia to study at the University of Melbourne. Limited paid sick, maternity and parenting leave is available. Scholarship benefits can be found here.
Level and Area of Studies
PhD program on any aspect of Indian equality or anti-discrimination law.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Australia.
Eligibility and Criteria
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Must meet the general eligibility requirements including English language requirements for undertaking a PhD at MLS
- Have completed at least a four-year Australian Bachelor degree or overseas equivalent and achieved an overall average of greater than 75% in the final year of the degree
- Have completed a research project/component that accounts for at least 25% of their year’s work at 4th year undergraduate or masters level
- Demonstrate current knowledge of the discipline in which they plan to undertake their research higher degree through relevant work and/or research experience (where applicable)
- Contact two academic referees. If you have prior professional and/or research experience, please provide employer referee/s for each position held. Your referees will be required to provide information about your academic ability and judgement of your research potential.
- Be available to undertake research full-time in Melbourne
- Have not completed a PhD previously
- Be able to commence their PhD in February 2019
There is no nationality restriction.