MODUL University Vienna and the Vienna Tourist Board is pleased to offer a fully-funded PhD Scholarship. Students should undertaking PhD research to identify strategies to minimize the negative impacts of tourism development in urban areas. The closing date of application is May 31, 2016.
MODUL University Vienna and the Vienna Tourist Board invite interested candidates to apply for fully-funded PhD scholarship, sponsored by the Vienna Tourist Board. The intended focus of the PhD research is the compatibility of tourism and cities. The research will aim to identify strategies to minimize the negative impacts of tourism development in urban areas.
The scholarship covers 4-year tuition waiver with a total value of €45,000 plus an additional budget of € 5,000 dedicated to software procurement, conference participation, etc.
Level and Area of Studies
PhD research in the field of tourism.
Place of Study
At MODUL University Vienna in Austria.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Completed at least the equivalent of a bachelor’s and master’s and/or diploma degrees (with a combined minimum duration of four years)
- An aptitude for conducting high quality research and making significant scholarly contributions to basic knowledge in field of business or one of the social or economic sciences
- Excellent spoken and written English skills (German is not a requirement)
There is no nationality restriction.
The application package must be consisting the materials as follow:
- Letter of intent describing both research and career interests
- Curriculum vitae
- Copies of academic transcripts from all tertiary-level institutions attended
- Two letters of recommendation from academic references such as a current or past instructor, advisor, or research supervisor
31 May 2016.