The Music Center is delighted to invite applications for the Music Center Spotlight Awards Program. This call is intended to either U.S. permanent residents and international students who are studying in the U.S. The value of the awards is ranging from $100 to $5,000.
- Grand Prize Finalists- $5,000 cash awards
- Honorable Mentions – $1,000 cash awards
- Semifinalists – $300 cash awards
- Preliminary Prizes – $100 cash awards
Level and Area of Studies
Non – degree program in musical and art fields.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The applicant must be a Southern California high school student who attends a public, private, parochial, online or home school.
- The applicant home base must be in one of these counties: Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, Santa Barbara, Kern, San Diego, Riverside or San Bernardino
- Ballet students need to check the category rules page for residency exceptions
- The applicant can apply to one or more of these categories: Acting, Ballet, Non-Classical Dance, Classical Voice, Non-Classical Voice, Classical Instrumental or Jazz Instrumental
- Previous grand prize finalists are not eligible
- The applicant can apply to more than one category; however, you will only be allowed to advance to finals in one, determined by which category you advance to the finals first
- The applicant must be available to attend final rehearsal and performance if advanced to Grand Finale Performance
- Permanent residents and international students who are studying in the U.S. are also eligible to apply.
The U.S. permanent residents and International students in U.S. are welcome to apply.
Application should be made through the online system at the “website and application link” below.
Mid of October every year.