The applications for Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship are now accepted. African students with permanent physical disabilities are welcome to apply. The eligible candidates should be planning to undertaking full-time master’s program at any African University. The successful applicants will receive a monthly allowances plus other interesting benefits. To apply, the completed application form must must reach the employer no later than 31st March 2016.
The Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship Scheme was launched in 2007 with the aim of contributing to the production and retention of high calibre African human capital for sustainable development of the continent in critical development areas, while promoting regional integration through intra-African mobility of students. The Scholarship Scheme is intended to enable young Africans to study in leading African Universities with a binding agreement that beneficiaries will work in an African country for at least the same duration of scholarship period after graduation.
Each of the selected candidates may expect to receive the following benefits:
- Tuition Fees: Maximum for two academic years.
- Stipend: 500 US$ monthly
- Book Allowance: An allowance of 500 US$ per year.
- Air ticket: A round-trip economy fare from home country to study destination institute
- Travel Allowance: One-off payment of 250 US$
- One-off payment of 350 US$ to assist with shipping and other terminal expenses; upon departure from the host Institution after successful completion of the study.
- Computer Allowance: One-off payment of 1,000 US$ for the purchase of laptop computer and accessories
Level and Area of Studies
Master degree in Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics, Education Sciences and Sports Sciences.
Place of Study
At a recognized university of an African Union Member State.
Eligibility and Criteria
The candidates will be considered only if they meet the criteria as follow:
- Be a Citizen of an African Union Member State.
- Have a physical disability.
- Be under the age of thirty five (35) years.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field, at the level of Upper Second
Class Honours from a reputable university.
- Have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement
- Have proof of admission to undertake a full time Masters programme
- Be willing to commit to work in an African Union Member State on completion of studies for at least three (3) years.
The citizens of an African Union Member State are welcome to apply.
To apply this scholarship, applicants must be able to provide all of the following documents:
- Completed application form
- Recent passport-size photograph
- Summarized CV with names and contacts of three referees.
- Certified copies of academic
- certificates and transcripts
Certified copies of Passport or national Identity Card indicating citizenship
- Physician’s letter confirming physical disability of the applicant.
- Copy of admission letter from a recognized African University viii. Two (2) Reference
Letters with contact addresses.
- An essay of not more than 500 words that explains why the candidate has chosen his/ her particular field of study and its importance to Africa’s development.
31st March 2016.