Applications for the Nancy Weiss Malkiel Fellowship are now accepted. The fellowship is sponsored by Woodrow Wilson Foundation. Successful fellows will have opportunity to be assistant professors in tenure-track appointments at U.S. institutions. The winning candidate will receive $17,500 amount. Expired 49 days ago, try next time!
The Woodrow Wilson Foundation on the occasion of Dr. Malkiel’s 40th year of service is glad to offer Nancy Weiss Malkiel Fellowship. Fellowship program supports a small cadre of emerging faculty leaders whose careers promise to play a significant role in shaping American higher education. The fellowship is designed to support junior faculty as they work towards achieving tenure.
The Malkiel Fellowship winners will receive $17,500.
Level and Area of Study
Non-degree program in unspecified field of studies.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
The eligible candidates for the Malkiel Fellowship will be assistant professors in tenure-track appointments at U.S. institutions who are pursuing tenure. They will have successfully passed their institution’s standard tenure review—normally conducted in the third or fourth year.
The U.S citizens may apply this scholarship.
To apply, each candidate must provide the materials as follow:
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from senior colleagues that speak to the applicant’s scholarly promise as well as to her/his demonstrated affinity for teaching, advising, and service.
- PDF files, submitted online, of the required supplemental items.
- Curriculum vitæ.
- An essay describing the applicant’s research/publication plan and career objectives (maximum of 1000 words).
- Abstract of a current manuscript, conference paper, or article, along with a brief explanation of the relationship of this work to the tenure portfolio.
- A simple budget developed using template.
- Sample syllabi of courses developed since the start of the tenure-track appointment in the current institution, as well as lists of advising assignments and department- or university-level service assignments.
For more information you can contact on the given Mailing Address: P.O. Box 5281 Princeton, NJ 08543 5281 Street Address: 5 Vaughn Drive Suite 300 Princeton, NJ 08540-6313 or you can call on: (609) 452-7007.