The National Science Scholarship for (MBBS-PhD) programme is currently open. All candidates must have Singaporean citizenship. They must be intending to pursue a career as clinician-scientists.Those are selected will receive benefit of fully funded scholarship. The closing date of application is 31 January 2019.
Agency for Science, Technology and Research is offering National Science Scholarship for (MBBS-PhD) programme. This scholarship aims to groom students, who are aspiring to be clinician-scientists, to be Singapore’s next generation of leaders in translational medicine. The scholarship supports studies for an intercalated MBBS-PhD so that scholars can seamlessly graduate with both MBBS and PhD at the end of their studies.
Successful candidates will be given support for up to nine years of academic pursuit, leading to MBBS and PhD degrees. Successful candidates from NUS YLLSoM or LKCSoM will be given support for their PhD studies only for up to five years.
Scholarship support comprises:
– Full tuition fees
– Monthly sustenance allowance
– Annual return airfare
Additional allowances are available in the PhD phase of scholarship
Level and Area of Studies
MBBS and PhD courses in translational medicine.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Singapore.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Candidates with a strong interest in pursuing a career as clinician-scientists
- Singaporeans or other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship
- Male applicants are required to serve National Service prior to commencement of undergraduate studies
- Excellent results for GCE ‘A’ Level (minimum 11 units), International Baccalaureate (IB), NUS High School diploma or equivalent
- Candidates are encouraged to sit for the SAT tests to broaden their choices of institutions for their undergraduate education. Although A*STAR does not mandate a minimum SAT score as a qualifying condition for the undergraduate scholarships awarded for studies, applicants are encouraged to submit their SAT scores, if available, to be included in the overall assessment of their applications
- Candidates must have obtained an offer from a UK medical school offering the intercalated MBBS-PhD programme
- Candidates must also apply for and gain admission into the National University of Singapore Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine (YLLSoM) or Nanyang Technological University Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKCSoM)
- Outstanding final year medical students or MBBS graduates from the YLLSoM or LKCSoM who demonstrate a strong interest in pursuing a clinician scientist career are also welcome to apply for PhD support
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience and notable achievements in science-related projects and activities
Only Singaporeans citizens are invited to apply.
Application should be made through the online system at the website and application link below.
January 31 2019.