Applications for the National Center for Women & IT/NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing are now invited. Eligible candidates should be female students who are interested in computer and information technology field. The winning students will be granted a range of benefits. To apply, entries must be submitted no later than November every year.
The NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing is available for women who are active and interested in computing and technology, and encourages them to pursue their passions. The scholarship encourages the women to pursue their passions.
- Each Affiliate Award winner receives recognition at an Award event, an engraved award for both her and her school, scholarship and internship opportunities, access to a peer network of technical young women in the NCWIT Aspirations in Computing Community (sponsored by Bloomberg), and may receive various other prizes — computing resources, gadgets, sponsor-branded swag, and more.
- Each National Award winner receives various prizes, cash, and a trip to Bank of America headquarters on March 3-5, 2017 for a celebration and networking with Bank of America employees.
Level and Area of Studies
High school level in any field, however candidates must demonstrate interest in computer and IT field.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- U.S. high school woman in grades 9 through 12.
- Attends a high school in the U.S. or is a U.S. citizen attending a high school in Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, or on a U.S. military base.
- Has a U.S. Tax Identification or Social Security Number.
Only U.S citizens are invited to apply.
Please apply this NCWIT Award through the online system at the website and application link below.
Please anticipate the deadline in November annually.