Each year, applications for the NEH-Hagley Postdoctoral Fellowship are accepted by 1 December. Eligible candidates should be the United States citizens or to foreign nationals who have been living in the United States for at least three years. Two winners are selected annually.
NEH-Hagley Postdoctoral Fellowship on Business, Culture, and Society supports residencies in Hagley’s Center for the History of Business, Technology, and Society by scholars who have received their doctoral degrees by the application deadline. In accordance with NEH requirements, these postdoctoral fellowships are restricted to United States citizens or to foreign nationals who have been living in the United States for at least three years. These fellowships are made possible by support from the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Value and Tenure
Fellowships may be four to twelve months in length, and will provide a monthly stipend of $5000 and complimentary lodging in housing on Hagley’s property. Scholars receive office space, Internet access, Inter-Library Loan privileges, and the full benefits of visiting scholars, including special access to Hagley’s research collections.
Level and Area of Studies
Postdoctoral program in Business, Culture, and Society supports residencies in Hagley’s Center for the History of Business, Technology, and Society.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
The fellowships are available for those will undertaking research on one of the subjects mentioned above.
The U.S. citizens may apply this fellowship.
All application materials must be submitted in the order below in one PDF file and sent as an email attachment to Carol Lockman, email@example.com. Please include the following materials:
- Current curriculum vitae.
- A 3,000-word explanation of the project and its contributions to pertinent scholarship.
- A statement of no more than 500 words explaining how residency at Hagley would advance the project, particularly the relevance of our research collections.
- A statement indicating a preference for the four or eight month fellowship.
- Applicants also should arrange for two letters of recommendation to arrive separately by the application deadline. These should sent directly to Hagley.