The applications for NZDS are annually accepted. Students from selected developing countries are invited to apply. This award is aimed to support students pursuing Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma or Masters Degree at a New Zealand institution. This scholarship program offers a fully-funded award to the winners.
The New Zealand Development Scholarships (NZDS) offers the opportunity for international students from selected developing countries to study in New Zealand to gain knowledge and skills through post-graduate study in specific subject areas that will assist in the development of their home country. New Zealand Development Scholarships are available for Postgraduate Certificate (6 months), Postgraduate Diploma (1 year) or Masters Degree (1 – 2 years).
The scholarship recipients may expect to receive the benefits as follow: a fortnightly living allowance, an establishment allowance, medical and travel insurance, travel to and from your home country at the start and end of your scholarship, home leave or reunion travel for some students, and assistance with research and thesis costs for most postgraduate research students.
Level and Area of Studies
Postgraduate and master degree in the area that relevant to the development of applicants’ home country.
Place of Study
At an accredited academic institutions in New Zealand.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, all candidates are expected to meet the minimum requirements as follow:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencing your scholarship.
- Be a citizen of the eligible country and resided in it for at least the last 2 years.
- Agree to return to your home country for a minimum of 2 years after of the study.
- Other additional requirements can be found at the website link below.
This scholarship open to students coming from one of the countries as follow:
- Africa: Algeria, Angola, Botswana, Cameroon, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Egypt, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Asia: China, Mongolia, Nepal, Timor-Leste
- Latin America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela
- The Caribbean: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, St Lucia, St Kitts and Nevis, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad & Tobago
All applicants are advised to click the application link below and learn the detail instruction of application procedure at the web page.
Please anticipate the deadline in July each year.