Applications for the NEF Fellows Program are now accepted. This program is open to any citizen of African countries. They must be minimum 42 years of age and hold a PhD in a field of science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or the social sciences. Expires in 47 days!
The NEF Fellows programme consists of Africa’s most brilliant young scientists that the NEF showcases on the global stage. The NEF Fellows programme provides these brilliant young minds with the opportunity to present their research and draw upon the vast networks of NEF members and participants for support, connections and advice to advance their work. Applications to the NEF Fellows programme are open to Africans from around the world – including those who currently reside in the Diaspora – in all fields of science, including the social sciences and technology.
- Attend the prestigious, invitation-only NEF Global Gathering 2020 in Nairobi, Kenya, in March 2020 alongside: Nobel Prize winners; experienced and emerging scientists; Heads of State; and representatives from leading global corporations and civil society organizations. For a brief snapshot of the NEF Global Gathering 2018.
- Attend the NEF Community of Scientists Annual Meeting and together with previous classes of fellows and ambassadors, finalize a work plan for the Community of Scientists.
- A unique opportunity to present your research and showcase your innovations as an example of the potential of young, exceptional scientific talent from Africa.
- Collaborate with, receive mentoring from, and partner with leading scientists, policy-makers, industry representatives and civil-society leaders, as well as other exceptional young African scientists.
- A unique opportunity to be a part of the NEF Fellows Tour to an African country or participate in the NEF Visiting Scientist Programme to showcase your research project(s) and establish collaborations in your field
- Contribute to the establishment of a positive global view of science in Africa
- Application and programme participation are completely free
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in science or STEM fields.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Kenya.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be 42 years of age or less as of 31 December, 2019
- Hold a passport from an African country
- Hold a PhD in a field of science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or the social sciences
- Have a demonstrated track record of research/findings that have global impact
- You are passionate about raising Africa’s profile in STEM globally
- Able to clearly present their work to an audience in English or French
African countries’ citizens are invited to apply.
27 January 2019.