Applications for the NRC Research Associateship Program are now invited. The NRC Fellowship Program open to the U.S citizens and foreign scholars with some limitation. Fellows will do research in the field of science and engineering. The winning candidates will receive a range of benefits including stipend, health insurance and others.
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine Fellowships Office is glad to announce NCR Research Associateship Programs (RAP). The fellowship supports research opportunities for both postdoctoral and senior researchers. These awards are open for U.S. citizens, permanent residents and also for foreign nationals with some limitations in all fields of science and engineering.
Each of the selected candidates will receive the benefits as follow:
- An NRC Research Associate receives a stipend while carrying out his or her proposed research.
- A group health-insurance program is required for NRC Research Associates and is optional for dependents. The cost of this program is shared by the Associate and the sponsoring agency.
- A relocation reimbursement will be determined for each awardee.
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in science and engineering.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicants to the NRC Research Associateship Programs must have earned a Ph.D., Sc.D., M.D., D.V.M., or academically equivalent research doctorate before beginning tenure.
- You may apply before completing your degree however, to begin an award, you must either provide a copy of your diploma.
- If graduation has not yet taken place, have the graduate dean, registrar, or recorders of your university (not the department chairman or major professor) certify in writing, directly to the Fellowships Office, that you have met all requirements for the degree before the start of your tenure at the laboratory.
Both the U.S and foreign scholars are welcome to apply.
The application packet must be consisting the materials as follow:
- Reference reports
- Immigration documents
November 1, August 1, May 1 and February 1 every year.
Please direct application inquiries to the NRC Research Associateship Programs at rap-at-nas.edu or by phone at (202) 334-2760.