The National University of Ireland is pleased to offer two PhD scholarships. Only Irish students are welcome to apply. They must be PhD students working on relevant project theme as mentioned below. The winning candidates will receive benefit annual award of € 18,000 which is tenable for four years. The closing date of application is 15 July 2016.
Value and Tenure
Each winner will be granted € 18,000 per annum & fees for 4 years
Level and Area of Studies
PhD program in the project of the Use of water and energy analytics to optimize energy demand in industrial facilities and Water/energy nexus.
Place of Study
At the National University of Ireland.
Eligibility and Criteria
- A minimum honors bachelor’s degree (Level 8 honors degree or higher) in civil, control systems, energy systems or mechanical engineering
- Applicants should have a strong background in statistical modeling and data analysis.
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- Aptitude for taking initiative and working independently
- A strong interest in sustainability and consumer interaction with technology.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Demonstrate previous relevant experience with project work in this area
Only students from Ireland can apply for these scholarships.
Applicants should send a covering letter detailing why they believe they would be suitable for the position being applied for, a detailed CV and the names and addresses of at least three referees via e-mail (in Word or PDF format only) to sean.mulligan-at-nuigalway.ie. Applicants must put Ref. No. NUIG/ESIPP-PhD1 or NUIG/ESIPP-PhD2 in the subject line of the e-mail application.
15 July 2016.