The Paris Institute for Advanced Study (Paris IAS) is glad to offer a number of International Research Fellowships. Researchers from all over the world are welcome to apply. Applications are accepted no later than 3 April 2018.
This fellowship is typically fully-funded program.
Level and Area of Studies
The Paris Institute for Advanced Study is launching two calls for applications for research fellowships in 2019-2020 open to researchers of all nationalities.
- One call for 5 or 10-month fellowships in the “Blue Sky Research” program, open to all disciplines and themes in the humanities and social sciences.
- One call for 5 or 10-month fellowships in the “Brain, Culture and Society” program. This call is for researchers willing to conduct a project at the interface between neuroscience, cognitive science and the humanities and social sciences.
Place of Study
Eligibility and Criteria
- Junior scholars with or without a permanent position in a university or research institution, who have received their Ph.D. no later than April 1st, 2016. The applicants who have held their PhD for more than 9 years will be considered as senior researchers.
- Senior researchers holding a position in a university or research institution, or emeritus professors, having a minimum of 10 years of research experience after their Ph.D. (received before April 1st, 2008).
- The institute is bilingual. Knowledge of English is required. The applicants are also expected to understand written and spoken French, as scientific and social activities are held in French and English.
- Applicants who have spent more than a total of 12 months in France during the 3 years prior to the application (that is, between February 15th, 2015 and February 15th, 2018) are not eligible.
There is no nationality restriction.
Please go to the link below to see further instruction.
3 April 2018.